The physical chemistry of composite polymeric materials
The head of school:
Advanced Doctor in Engineering Sciences, Full Professor
Neverov Alexander Sergeevich
School founder: Advanced Doctor in Engineering Sciences, Full Professor A. Neverov
The main directions of scientific research
- the physical chemistry of interfacial interaction processes in polymer-low molecular weight systems (polymer dissolution processes;
- the plasticization, compatibility of components of composite polymeric materials);
- the corrosion and protection of metals from corrosion;
- the physical chemistry of anticorrosive, sealing and antifriction materials.
Quantitative and qualitative composition of a scientific school
1 Advanced Doctor in Engineering Sciences, Full professor, 3 Ph.D.s of Engineering Sciences, Docents and 5 doctoral candidate of technical sciences participate in scientific research; currently, 1 postgraduate and 3 undergraduate students are studying in postgraduate and graduate programs.
Key Scientific Results
the license was sold to the Swiss company Interplastika on the production technology of anticorrosive film, the essence of which was based on the results obtained by the head of the school by A.S. Neverov. In the reporting period, studies were carried out in accordance to the tasks of the scientific programs of the SRP "Polymer Materials and Technologies" (2006-10, scientific adviser AS Neverov), the SRP "Polymers and Composites" (2011-13, scientific adviser A. S. Neverov), the SRP “Chemical Technologies and Materials, Natural Resource Potential”, the subprogram “Polymers and Composites” (2014-2015, grant BRFFR scientific adviser AS Neverov), grant BRFFR No. T08-209 (2008 -10 years, supervisor A.S. Neverov), grant BRFFR No. T09M-024 (2009-11, supervisor O.A. Yermolovich). A technique is proposed for assessing the compatibility of components of composite materials using a simplex in the coordinates of a solubility three-dimensional parameter, which made it possible to determine the optimal compositions of a number of composite polymer materials for various purposes. Inhibited materials were developed (associate professor Samuseva L.V. and applicant Gromyko Zh.N.), construction putties and adhesive materials (associate professor Musafirova G.Ya.), polymer biodegradable packaging materials (associate professor Yermolovich O.A.), insecticidal polymeric materials for protection from harmful insects (applicant Lashkina E.V.), railway lubricants (applicant Prikhodko I.V.). These materials passed production testing at a number of industrial enterprises in Belarus and are recommended for implementation. Additives to concretes for various purposes (trade name “Hidetal”), developed by the applicant DA Vlasenko, are produced by large-capacity LLC NPP Standart-E.ST. The volume of sales of HIDETAL concretes additives in 2010 alone amounted to more than 500 tons. Additives are in high demand in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan.
There are 3 Ph.Ds had been prepared:
- Musafirova G.Ya. “Sealants and adhesives based on secondary polystyrene and low molecular weight liquids”, specialty 05.02.01 - Materials science (mechanical engineering), 2005
- Yermolovich O.A. “Biodegradable packaging films based on chemically modified polyolefins and starch”, specialty 05.02.01 - Materials science (chemical industry), 2006
- Samuseva L.V. “Anticorrosive materials based on polyethylene and inhibitory additives (urea and thiocarbamide)”, specialty 05.02.01 - Materials science (mechanical engineering), 2008
The major publications
Over 300 articles and monographs was published. The most significant results of scientific activity:
The monographs - 4:
- Monograph «Низкомодульные композиционные материалы на основе термопластов» (Минск, «Наука и техника», 1984 г., с. 231);
- Monograph «Полимерные пленки, содержащие ингибиторы коррозии» (М., «Химия», 1993 г., с. 176);
- Monograph «Герметизирующие полимерные материалы» (М., «Машиностроение», 1995 г., с. 160);
- Monograph «Введение в систематику умных материалов» (Минск, «Беларуская навука», 2013 г., с. 399).
The textbooks - 1:
The textbook «Культурология» под научной редакцией Неверова А.С. (Минск, «Вышэйшая школа», 2011 г., с. 400).
The teaching aids - 3:
- The teaching aid «Культурология» под научной редакцией Неверова А.С. (Минск, «Вышэйшая школа», 4-ре переиздания за 2004-2009 гг., с. 367);
- The teaching aid «Коррозия и защита материалов» (Минск, «Вышэйшая школа», 2007 г., с. 222);
- The teaching aid «Химия и микробиология воды» (Гомель, БелГУТ, 2010 г., с. 335).
The scientific publications in foreign journals
Over 20 articles have been published in foreign publications. Taylor & Francis Group, Florida, U.S.A. accepted for publication the monograph “Smart Materials Taxonomy”.
The scientific relations with domestic scientific organizations
Ties are actively developing with the State Scientific Institution «V.A.Belyi Metal-Polymer Research Institute of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus». Joint research is being conducted, the results of which are presented in joint publications. Employees of the institute on a part-time basis participate in the educational and scientific work of the Department of Chemistry. Graduate students of the department with the permission of the management of MPRI NAS RB use laboratory equipment and funds of the institute’s library. The SDB METAL-POLYMER SPECIAL DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY BUREAU is provided by great help in the manufacture of prototypes of developed products.
The public recognition of a science school:
- Advanced Doctor in Engineering Sciences, full Professor A. Neverov in 2007 was awarded a Diploma of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus for many years of creative scientific and pedagogical activity.
- Neverov A.S. was awarded in 2007 the Scholarship of the President of the Republic of Belarus 2008 for contribution to the socio-economic development of the republic.
- Neverov A.S. was awarded in 2008 the Certificate of Honor of the Gomel branch of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus for achievements in scientific work.
- Doctoral candidate at the department assistant Lashkina E.V. is the winner of the prize for talented young scientists and specialists for 2011 of the Gomel Regional Executive Committee for achieving significant results in fundamental research in the field of natural and technical sciences.
- Neverov A.S. in 2013 was awarded the badge of the Ministry of Education «Выдатнiк адукацыi».